The engine group
- The protection cage allows the lines to slide along during the inflation.
- The propeller passes on the power of the engine and generates the thrust. Propellers are made of wood or composite (carbon).
- The engine is most of the time 2 stroke, mono cylider, air cooled, from 80 to 210 cc for about 14 to 26 hp up to the models.
- The fuel tank has a 10-16 liter capacity for a 3-5 hour flight autonomy.
- The hand throttle controls the engine rpm and has 2 buttons: one for the electric starter, one to turn off the engine. The digital tachometer aslo shows the total running hours.
The starting up of the engine is made with an electric starter which can restart in flight. The regime of the engine is controlled by the hand throttle: increasing power make you rise, decreasing or turning the engine off allows you to come down. With the good engine rpm, you can maintain a cruise flight.